Local – Bringing Good News
Celebration of Biblical Festivals:
- Pesach – Passover signifies the purchase of redemption. Jesus has become our Passover sacrifice. By observing Passover, we acknowledge the command of God when He said: “Now this day will be a memorial to you, and you shall celebrate it as a feast to the Lord; throughout your generations you are to celebrate it as a permanent ordinance.” (Exodus 12:14) We host an annual community Seder where members from a wide variety of congregations may experience a passover celebration to learn its Scriptural significance and discover its implications for believers in Messiah Jesus.
- Shavu’ot – Shavuot signifies that God is taking a people for Himself from among the nations. This people has been chosen and sanctified to bring forth God’s purpose in the midst of the nations. The original covenant with Israel at Mt. Sinai was made at this time. The church was initiated on the anniversary of this event. As a congregation, we celebrate this event and welcome all to experience its rich Biblical significance with us.
- Sukkot – Many scholars believe that Jesus was born during the festival of Sukkot, one in which God instructs His people to live in temporary shelters in remembrance of His deliverance and miracles in the wilderness. In observance of this festival, we build a community sukkah (temporary shelter) and enjoy musical presentations and special outdoor activities. For more information on the 7th Month Festivals, click here.
- Food Pantry – We maintain a limited supply of dry food items for those in need.
- Emergency Assistance – Those deemed by the pastor to have legitimate needs may bring them before the congregation during our regular times of worship.
National & International – Confirming the Promises of God
Webcast Outreach – A Voice to the Gentile Church – A weekly question and answer webcast program covering world and national events from a Biblical perspective and discussing topics of importance to believers in Messiah Jesus.
Ha Tznirim Park – Since 2006 we have worked with the Israeli community of Kedumim, “The Vanuard of Jewish Resettlement in Biblical Samaria,” to fund and build Ha Tznirim nature park, sending work crews annually to assist in its construction. The park is used by community residents throughout the Shomron (Samaria). For more information see The Kedumim Project: “Confirming the Promises”.
The Arugot Farm & Retreat Center – Located in the heart of the biblical “Wilderness of Zif” on the Judean frontier, (near Ma’le Amos, Israel) and founded by Rabbis Jeremy Gimpel & Ari Abramowitz, Gan Arugot is an organic farm and retreat center, hosting groups and events for people in Israel and visitors from overseas. At the retreat center, Jews and Christians learn to apply Torah to their lives and connect to the beauty and soul of the Land of Israel. Fellowship church was instrumental in helping underwrite the establishment of Arugot Farm and supports the work of Rabbis Jeremy and Ari on an “as needed” basis.
Pakistan Church – “Fellowship Church Pakistan” – Faisalabad, Pakistan
Since August 2019, we have committed both financially and spiritually to the ministry in Pakistan. We committed to give $300 a month + $100 a month for their internet. Every Friday morning at 11:00 a.m. Pastor Roger gives a teaching to the church in Pakistan over the Skype platform. Those interested are welcome to come out and meet Pastor Irfan Mashi at these virtual meetings.
CFOIC – We pray for and support Christian Friends of Israeli Communities (CFOIC), an Israeli based venture that provides support and encouragement to those living in Biblical Judea and Samaria. More about CFOIC Heartland can be found at https://www.cfoic.com/
CUFI – We participate with Christians United For Israel (CUFI), a national Zionist political action group. https://www.cufi.org/
PJTN – We support the efforts of the organization Proclaiming Justice to the Nations (PJTN) to raise awareness, stand against Anti-Semitism in all forms and thereby strengthen advocacy for our Jewish brothers and sisters, and the beloved nation of Israel. We have hosted founder and President, Laurie Cardoza-Moore at public meetings. Find out more at https://www.pjtn.org/